- All surfaces must be clean, free from any contaminants and be completely dry.
- Fill any imperfections with the correct filler.
- Where necessary, a coat of suitable primer must precede the application o f this product.
- Masonry: All types must be completely dry and primed with Masonry Plaster Primer.
- Wood: Knots must be sealed with knotting (wood filler) and primed with wood primer.
- Mild Steel: Remove rust and degrease. Rinse thoroughly. Prime with Metal Primer.
- Galvanised Iron: Clean to a water break-free surface with iron Cleaner, Rinse thoroughly and prime with Galvanised Iron Primer.
Previously Painted Surfaces:
- Enamel in good condition: Sand thoroughly to ensure good adhesion. Clean thoroughly and apply Universal Undercoat.
- Acrylic in good condition: Prime with Masonry Plaster Primer or Alkaline Sealer.
- Paint in poor condition: Strip completely and treat as per new work.
- Chalky Surfaces: Remove as much chalk as possible. Apply a coat of Alkaline Sealer, then prime with Masonry Plaster Primer.
- Do not paint quick dry products over alkyd enamels or universal undercoat.
- Stir contents thoroughly with a flat paddle.
- Apply one coat of the appropriate primer.
- Finish with one or more coats of paint to achieve complete obliteration.
- Allow overnight drying between all enamel base coats (primers) and 2-4 hours between water-based (acrylic) coats.